Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Why Do I Have To Install Dota 2 Again






I hav played 360 hours of dota 2 already and now steam is asking me to install dota 2, whole game to install again !!! why ? i also checked my c folder and i hav the game too < > showing 1-15 of 124 comments. I had downloaded and installed dota 2 first and then i nstalled steam but asks to download dota 2 once more but i already have it.what to do?. Downloading restarts every time after restarting steam. (not the package, but the already installed game) you could install without downloading (it would still check all of your files, but it should be way faster). so, when a power cut/system shutdown came - it restarts downloading that file again. dota 2 (when downloaded) is packaged.












Now you start steam and you will install dota 2 again. then you start dota 2 and you check if everything works correctly! if this is the case, you go to steam settings > you activate cloud again and it will ask, if the old dota 2 cloud-data should be deleted and overwritten by the new one you created. here you say yes. you do not want the old. Steam library doesnt show dota 2 as installed anymore (prompts me to install when i wanna play), but i can still launch the game from the folder (and play) personal submitted 3 years ago by xatrixx. Upon restart i had to reinstall dota2 completely. my steam library didn't list dota 2 anymore. i had a dota 2 folder in my steam files, but it was only ~700 mb. i don't know how/why, only thing i could do was reinstall. haven't experienced the issue again. none of my binds, items, settings, etc. were affected..



why do i have to install dota 2 again

visit link reference



No comments:

Post a Comment